Company History

A LEGACY OF EXCELLENCE

1950 

The brothers Arnold and Kurt Hennig establish the Gebrüder HENNIG oHG in Munich and started manufacturing the first "HENNIG-Bellows" in an apartment.

1951

The company expands quickly. Everyone is talking about HENNIG´s high-quality products. The first agencies are established abroad.

1952

The company is relocated to a former bus garage. The staff consists of 14 people.

1953

HENNIG continues to grow. More premises are rented on the first floor of a former warehouse. There is an important milestone in the HENNIG chronicle: HENNIG manufactures its first telescopic steel covers.

1959

The construction of a new building in Ismaning near Munich starts in spring, and the company moves into the new premises in the fall. 

1965 

The company is again bursting at the seams - a new multi-story building is added.

1969

On Dec. 9th, the oHG is transformed into a GmbH. 

1975

More than a million HENNIG telescopic steel covers have already been delivered worldwide. The company employs a staff of 230 persons. 18 agencies in 21 industrialized countries maintain close contact with machine manufacturers. 

1990

HENNIG also feels the worldwide recession in the machine tool branch. The staff is gradually reduced from 270 to 130 people. The production program is also adapted to the changed requirements. Chip conveyors, machine enclosures and plastic cable chains are eliminated from the range of products. 

1999

Opening of production facilities in Uvaly near Prague. 80 people work for the Czech branch. 

2000

In December, move to new premises in Kirchheim, east of Munich. With this move, the complete production is modernized and reshaped. HENNIG invests in new machines and equipment, among others, a high-speed test bench. In the last five to six years, various new patents have been granted, for C6 wipers and high-speed covers, to name just a few. In the meantime, HENNIG has become a member of the GOELLNER Group/Rockford IL, USA. Begin repairing steel way covers at the Charlotte, North Carolina facility. 

2001

HENNIG presents itself with a completely new look at the world´s largest machine tool exhibition, the EMO in Hanover. HENNIG continuously keeps expanding its worldwide presence. Subsidiary companies and partners in the Czech Republic, India, Brazil, England, the USA and Japan as well as 25 agencies from Africa to Sweden ensure convenient and complete machine protection. 

2002

With nearly double the production and office space, we are going to adapt the production and engineering capacities of our Czech branch, the HENNIG CZ in Uvaly near Prague, to meet the requirements of the market. This also includes again opening our own mechanical production facilities for components and spare parts. The extensive investment in buildings and machines was completed November. Open steel way cover repair facility in Kitchener, Ontario. 

2003

A steel way cover repair facility opens in Chandler, Oklahoma. 

2005

HENNIG adds new service centers in Mexico City, Mexico, and in Detroit, Michigan, USA. 

2006

HENNIG adds new service center and extends a license agreement to manufacture steel way covers to Osung Mechatronics in Masan, Korea. 

2007

HENNIG adds a new service center in Saltillo, Mexico. 

2008

In January 2008, Hennig became equity partners with French based Sermeto. With this move, Hennig & Sermeto will be able to better serve its customers with a broader product offering throughout Europe. The addition of the Chip Conveyor Product line will reinforce our market leadership position.

2009

With the inauguration of an additional new 2200 square meter production plant in Boituva, Brazil, our partner Cobsen, is increasing production capacity for Telescopic Steel Covers. This new capacity, along with 50 trained associates, will help us better serve European and South American customers.

2010/2011 - Germany

The German facility made an investment in an Amada laser for processing sheet metal up to a length of 8m, a new water jet cutting machine and a Trumpf bending machine to meet the increasing demands.

2010/2011 - Czech Republic

More investments in equipment to increase productivity. Building a construction department to support the headquarters in Munich, and ensuring a greater flexibility for the supply of "Eastern European" customers.