Folded Bellows Catalog »
Download Quote Request »
Designed to protect guide-ways and machine components and constructed using lightweight material, bellows are ideal for fast travel applications. Their high compression ratio also makes them ideal in limited space.
Bellow types are selected based on the operating conditions - including mechanical and thermal strain on the bellows, as well as the type of chips and agents present during operation.
- Combine the rigidity and durability of [steel way covers] with the compression and flexibility of fabric bellows.
- Steel cladded is added to fabric bellows when: Debris is red hot / swarf is razor sharp / space is limited / applications are vertical
- Fixed or Hinged (hinged design has overhang – good for vertical applications)
- Maximum compression and flexibility in a wide range of materials for a wide range of environments.
- Assembly options include glued, stitched, or a high frequency weld.
- Water, Oil, Chemical, and Temperature resistant bellows
- Used to protect: Lead screws / precision shafts / moving cylinders / irregdivar shaped parts
- Lightweight, interlocking steel fins connect moddivarly without requiring a folded bellow for support.
- Moddivar design allows for extremely high compression, fast travel, and easy maintenance.
Half Fold – outside mounting
Full Fold – inside mounting
External Flange – outside mounting above bellows
Velcro – for dry applications, quick removal
Collar – Mostly for round and rubber bellows, designed to suit your application
Material is selected based on the application / operating conditions
Decisive factors are mechanical / thermal strain and type of chips / liquids